One Skillet Camping Breakfast!
Packed with proteins and carbs, this frittata combines all of the usual breakfast camping food staples to make one really hearty dish. Best of all, it only requires one skillet to prepare, perfect for tent campers and backpackers.
Preparation Time: 15 minutes at home & 5 minutes at the campground
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
- 1. Dice the potatoes and onion into small, bite-size pieces. Store them in separate airtight containers.
- 2. Mince the garlic and place them in a separate container.
- 3. Shred the cheddar cheese. Pack them in a separate container.
At the Campground:
- 1. Add the oil to a large skillet and heat it on a stove (if you're camping with an RV) or over the campfire (if you're tent camping).
- 2. Fry the potatoes until golden.
- 3. Add the onions and garlic and fry them until they start to change color.
- 4. Fry the sausage until they are brown, breaking it up as you cook it.
- 5. Add the eggs into the skillet, breaking the yolks and mixing them through the entire pan. Cook until the eggs have set.
- 6. Add the shredded cheddar cheese. Cover the pan for a few minutes to allow the cheese to melt.